Here we have Gai Pad King – Ginger and chicken stir fry recipe. This dish is bursting with flavors, it’s got the spicyness from the chili’s, the hot warmness punch from the fresh ginger, it’s one of those meals you can eat every week!
In Thailand this dish is only really cooked with chicken, but we’ve tried it with Salmon and it tastes fantastic, try our Ginger & salmon recipe here.
- Ginger (50g, finely chopped)
- Garlic (3 cloves, finely chopped)
- Chili (4, finely chopped)
- Chicken( 400g, cut in to small strips)
- Broccoli (half, cut into small trees)
- Carrots (2, cut into small circles)
- Spring Onion (2, cut 2cm wide)
- Fish sauce(1.5 tea spoons)
- Soy sauce (1 tea spoon)
- Oyster sauce (2 table spoons)
- Sugar (pinch)
- Oil (2 table spoons)
- Add the oil in to a wok, turn the hob to a high heat & place the chili, garlic, ginger & chicken, in together. Be careful you don’t cough your lungs out with the chili’s! Stir until the chicken is nearly done.
- Place the broccoli, carrots, soy sauce, fish sauce & oyster sauce to the pan, stirring generously, also add in a tiny pinch of white sugar.
- Deepening on how you want the vegetables to be, crunchy or soft? It’s up to you, Obviously cooking time will be longer if you want the vegetables to be soft.
- When your happy with the crunchiness of your vegetables take the pan of the heat and stir in your spring onions.
Thank you for reading our recipe, we would love to know how you got on, when you cooked this dish, leave a comment below and share the love 🙂