Learn how to cook Garlic and Pepper Chicken (Gai Pad Gratiem Prik Thai) A Authentic Thai meal
Garlic and Pepper Chicken is one of the most easiest and quickest Thai meals to cook in my opinion. It is a very popular dish in Thailand and you can use any meat, beef, pork, shrimp etc.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 8-10 Garlic Cloves
- Grounded Black Pepper (Tastes better with black pepper corns)
- Coriander (for optional garnish)
- 4-6 Table Spoons Vegetable Oil
- 2 Table Spoons Fish Sauce
- 2 Table Spoons Soya Sauce
- 2 Table Spoons Oyster Sauce
- Finely chop 8-10 garlic gloves, depending on how much garlic you prefer.
- Beat 2 -3 table spoons of black pepper using a pestle mortar, or any method suitable for you.
- Dice the chicken into nice small chunks.
- Place the diced chicken into a suitable sized bowl, then add ¼ of the chopped garlic and all of the black pepper.
- Add the Fish, Soya & Oyster sauce. Make sure all the ingredients are properly mixed together, and leave for 10-15 minutes (optional to allow the chicken to absorb all the flavors).
- Add 2 table spoons of vegetable oil to a frying pan, and lightly fry the rest of the garlic (note: this step is optional it adds a crunchy texture to the meal). Once the garlic is a golden brown colour. Place the fried garlic to one side in a dish or suitable container.
- Add 4 table spoons of vegetable oil to a frying pan, the trick to cooking this perfect is to use a very high heat otherwise it will NOT taste good.
- Add the chicken, garlic, black pepper etc. To the frying pan, keep string until the chicken has turned golden-brown colour.
- Garnish with Coriander (optional) and serve with rice and enjoy!